Payments with duplicate entries

Hi guys,

We have had this problem before and I just don’t know how to fix it myself. I have tried updating the ledger and it worked for some of them, but these two won’t go away on my AP Validation report Anyway, let me know.
Bad Amount! AP Payment 8935 Cash + Discount Amount - Debit Memo Amount: 8868.75 G/L Amount: 35475.00000000

Bad Amount! AP Payment 9414 Cash + Discount Amount - Debit Memo Amount: 2439.97 G/L Amount: 4879.94000000

Also, regarding the AP Validation report. It keeps giving me these bad dates and all of them that I have seen have to do with canceled items. I have tried to fix those too and some fix and some don’t, but it is the GL ledger entry that was canceled that is causing the report to give us that information. That seems like it wouldn’t be necessary. Here are some examples of those too:
Bad Date! AP Payment 9992 should have 2023-03-31, has 2023-03-23
Bad Date! AP Payment 10001 should have 2023-03-31, has 2023-03-27
Bad Date! AP Payment 10006 should have 2023-03-31, has 2023-03-27

Thanks!
Kelly

It seems that those bad dates are also causing problems with the delta and there is no way to fix them. I have tried multiple things. Let me know when you can.

Thanks,
Kelly

@kellym

Thanks for reaching out! I am going to look into this and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@kellym

I have a partial solution for some of the payments. I am going to send the other ones over to accounting to take a look. Here is the current solutions.

Change the date to 3/31/23 here for Payment 9992 and it will fix it: Cetec ERP

Change the date here to 3/31/23 for Payment 10006 and that will fix the issue: Cetec ERP

For the other 3 payments I’m not sure yet as those are a bit more complicated. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have a solution for those as well.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi guys! I still need a resolution on these payments, but a few more. If you look in my account reconciliation, you can see the “extra payments” of these stuck in there and it is obviously affecting my GL. I really would like to get this resolved, so I know my GL is correct. These are all a problem. I am copying directly from the Account Reconciliation:

||2022-08-10||Make A/P Payment 8799 To WURTH ELECTRONICS MIDCOM|$506.48|
||2022-09-09||Make A/P Payment 8935 To WURTH ELECTRONICS MIDCOM|$8,868.75|
||2022-12-09||Make A/P Payment 9414 To WURTH ELECTRONICS MIDCOM|$2,439.97|
2022-09-02 9014 Make A/P Payment 8860 To DIGI-KEY CORPORATION $1,923.76

Thanks so much!!
Regards,
Kelly

@kellym

Apologies for not getting back to you on this. This got buried and one of our accountants was working on this internally and that ticket got closed and didn’t get sent back to you. I’ve copied what she said below.

Kelly,

In regards to your 4/7/23 Forum post with the subject of ‘Payments with duplicate entries’, in reference to the AP Validation report.

In the upper grids (Vouchers, Payments, Debit Memos), the program looks at the Objects (amounts and dates) and compares them to the Ledger splits (amounts and dates). If there are differences, you may see ‘Bad date’ with reference to the Object. In the bottom grid, ‘Ledger To Objects’, the program looks at the Ledger splits (amounts and dates) and compare them to the Objects (amounts and dates). Again, you may see ‘Bad date’ with reference to the object. These references are just alerting you to these differences and depending on the date range of the AP Validation report, may effect ‘Totals’ values.

AP Payment 10001 was issued, canceled, issued, canceled and issued. These transactions were all made on 2023-03-27, however the second cancel and issue had the Transaction Date changed to 2023-03-31. If you want to, you can change the Transaction Date to 2023-03-27 on the following links:

https://m3.cetecerp.com/ledger/158170/edit_entry?only_main_content=1

https://m3.cetecerp.com/ledger/157040/edit_entry?only_main_content=1

AP Payment 10006 is similar. The issue, cancel and issue were all made on 2023-03-27, but the Transaction Date on the entries were changed to 2023-03-31. These are:

https://m3.cetecerp.com/ledger/157034/edit_entry?only_main_content=1

https://m3.cetecerp.com/ledger/158171/edit_entry?only_main_content=1

https://m3.cetecerp.com/ledger/158633/edit_entry?only_main_content=1

Please let me know if this doesn’t solve your other payments and we can dig into this futher.

Thanks!

Cetec ERP Support

I did receive this part of the response, but my last request had nothing to do with bad dates. The bad dates are not showing up on my account reconciliation and hitting my GL, but those other payments are duplicated on account reconciliation. Please advise on those.

@kellym

I am going to look into these duplicates. Could you tell me which account reconcile they are a part of?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Sure. It is in the 101001 account.

@kellym

Just to clarify it’s on this account reconcile? Cetec ERP Or are these duplicating across the 6 account reconciles you have open for that account? I just wanted to clarify since you had multiple account reconciles for that account.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Yes, they have been open for a while.

@kellym

Apologies for having to keep asking questions but I wanted to clarify something else before sending this over to accounting. Is the only payment that is replicating 8935? Cetec ERP When you sent the list of payments I had thought all of them were duplicating but I haven’t been able to see that so I realized maybe you just meant that payment.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Both of these too:

@kellym

I am going to escalate this to our accounting team to look into this. I’ll get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@kellym

Accounting is looking into the best way to clear these payments and get the duplicates removed. I will continue to update you as we figure this out.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@kellym

We ended up escalating this to our engineering team and they will be fixing this. This shouldn’t happen again as we have a fix in the new release that stops this from happening but these issues happened before the fix.

I will get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support