Performa invoice does not reflect right total balance due

Hi,
Pls look at the below link,
https://emergentvisiontec.cetecerp.com/order/MN3244.1/proforma
As the term is “Prepaid” (100% prepay), Total order including tax is $5,529.44 and so far total customer payment was $5,188.85 so the “Down Payment Remaining” should be $340.59 while different amount is shown. so below fields require fix:

1. Down Payment Applied to the shipments
  2. Down payment remaining
  3. Order Total (should include the Tax, Freight, etc.)
  4. Total Down Payment Required

This is a repeated issue with Performa and always problematic.
Thanks

Hadi,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m taking a look into this and will see what might be going on here.

Cetec ERP Support

Hadi,

Would you be able to send me 2-3 other examples of where you’re seeing this? I know you said this was not the only pro forma invoice where you’ve noticed an issue.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

So far, I did figure out why the “Down Payment Remaining” amount is $251.85 instead of $340.59. “Down Payment Remaining” is not the amount of the down payment that the customer still owes. “Down Payment Remaining” is the amount of the down payment you received from them that has not yet been applied to the order. So $251.85 is correct.

I’m looking into the other issues you sent over now.

Hi,
The $251.85 as “down payment remaining” does not look right:

1.$5188.85 as the payment was received and all applied
2.The field caption is “Down payment Remaining” so it should show the owed balance.

I do not have any other example at the moment but this problem always happen when the paid amount is less than required down payment. If a customer should pay 100% down but paid 95% or when a customer should pay 10% down but paid less (i.e. %8)

At the end we need to show to the customer what is the amount they owe.

Thanks

Hadi,

I hear what you’re saying about needing to clearly communicate to your customer what the amounts on the pro forma indicate. I’m bringing this up with the team to see how we might proceed here.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep you posted.

The Cetec Team

It sounds like the wording on “Down Payment Remaining” could be changed to “Down Payment Amount Unapplied” to clarify what that value means.

Is that something you’re interested in?

Hi,
Thanks, Two main requirements are Paid Down payment and the owed balance (Down payment remaining) to the customer so I believe showing Unapplied down payment is not needed at all.

Thanks, Hadi

I’m consulting with our team on this and will get back to you. Just wanted to give you an update.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Hi,
I have same problem on different order. Below are the link for the order and for the PI. The best is to have the same info as order on the PI, highlighted in the attached image.

https://emergentvisiontec.cetecerp.com/order/MN3322.1/view
https://emergentvisiontec.cetecerp.com/order/MN3322.1/proforma

Hi Hadi,

Thank you for your patience with us. We have a fix coming out in the next few weeks. The reason you’re seeing the discrepancy is the prepayment amount is greater than the total ext. resale from the lines.

You’re allowed to make a prepayment greater than the total ext. resale from the lines because the tax amount is included in your prepayment amount.

Best,
The Cetec Team

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.