Permissions to Export BOM

I have a user who has a role that should have access to export the bom worksheet. When he goes straight to the URL (provided by me), it works. But he doesn’t have the actual option in the Quote Worksheet menu - so he effectively can’t use it. What am I missing in terms of getting this option to show up in his menu? When I make him a Manager, he can see it. But he isn’t a manager and so I don’t want him to have this expansive role.

Thanks!

@jcox

After looking into this if you give the user Can Edit BOM they will be able to see the button.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Just FYI, we’re having the same issue. Employee ID #37 has almost every privlege besides “admin” and when they attempt to “export” Boms ( …/part/2541/export_bom_splash), it redirects him to the part page, without exporting the document…

I believe this would be a bug?

@regisphilbin

This isn’t quite the same since this is from the part record but I will pass this along to engineering. It does seem to be an issue.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@regisphilbin

It looks like the issue is that user has the Hide Cost role. That is blocking him from being able to export the BOM. If you remove that role he can export the BOM just fine.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support