Phantom Quotes Created/Assigned by User

I have a user, terrencel, who is not in Sales and doesn’t do quotes that has Quotes showing up in his task list. For example, it is showing Quotes #6880 and 6891 as Pending Approval by him and when we click on the link it opens blank quotes for those items in Quote/Order Worksheet page. However, if I use the Quote list and enter that number in Quote ID and select Status = Open, Closed, & Pending nothing displays on the list. If I type 6880 in the top right search box it returns Quote 6880 and will open the blank quote.

@robinl The fact that those quotes don’t show up on the list is a little unusual, and something we’ll take to our engineering team for review.

As far as those quotes being on Terrence’s list, it looks like Terrence created them somehow, though it’s not clear how. However, you should be able to close them and remove them from Terrence’s tasks list by clicking the link to go to the quote records, clicking quoting tools on the left hand side, and then close quote.

@robinl We discussed this with our engineering team. The root of the reason those quotes weren’t showing has to do with how we display customer data on the quotes list. The issue you saw, trying to search the list for a quote with no assigned customer, is the only situation where you would ever notice that it’s a problem. The quotes do still show other places (like the tasks list and global search, as you noted) and can be accessed that way.

We do have a change to the customers list coming in the next version of Cetec that should eliminate this problem altogether. In the meantime, as long as you’re making sure to set the customer on the quote as soon as it’s created you shouldn’t run in to this again.

I still have an issue where new quotes are being created/assigned to a user who has nothing to do with Sales. If you look at his task log (/user/35/tasks?user_search=terrencel%28Terrence+Luedke%29&user_id=35&object_type=&entry_date_from=&entry_date_to=), there were 3 quotes created at the same exact time 2021-11-23 15:38:22 (# 7770, 7771, 7772) and assigned to him (they are all 3 blank quotes). I checked config settings and his user ID is not a default for anything. Can you tell what is triggering this to happen so we can turn it off?

I think there may be some way that user is creating quotes, possibly without realizing it.

If you go to your usage logs (…/admin/usage_stats) and search “quote/create” as the URL, the date fields set to “2021-11-23 15:00:00” and “2021-11-23 16:00:00”, you’ll see that the system did register terrencel as having created 3 quotes. So, do you have any idea what that user was doing in the system that may have cause those 3 quotes to be created, even if they didn’t do so knowingly or intentionally?

I think there is something else going on here. I have another user (camerynb) who received email alerts about Quotes needing her attention (blank quotes showing assigned to her and created by her) - /quote/7693/view. She never accesses the quote screen.

@robinl We have no reason to suspect unintentional system behavior here.

Same as above, if you search the usage logs for “quote/create” as the URL and “camerynb” as the user, you’ll see that user did indeed create at least on quote, whether intentionally or not.

Could the users be accidentally clicking the new quote link under sales>quotes, or maybe the new build for stock link under production > Orders?

You could try searching the usage logs for the period of time around when the quotes are being created, and see if you can get an idea of what page the user was on just before the quote was created, or what action they took just before.