Picked Bin Location Bug

Hello,

I am having trouble on my organization’s Cetec instance and believe this is a bug.

Today I enabled the part pre-allocation feature so we can pre-allocate certain “bins” or parts for customers or work orders. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the issue but began noticing this bug today.

As a note, we do have the pick parts by bin feature enabled.

For the highlighted line, I picked this 84 quantity for work order 4444.1-1. As a result, the bin was 4444.1-1. After that point, I received another 250 quantity and picked it for that same 4444.1-1. As a result, the first 84 quantity’s bin location was changed to “NEW”. What happened and how can I fix this?

We do have the pick bin feature enabled as most of our parts are reels.

Please let me know. Thanks!

@tej

Apologies for the delay on this. I wanted to clarify your issue. First you had a bin that you picked parts from that was named 4444.1-1. Then you received another 250 and named that bin 4444.1-1 as well? You can’t have two bins with the exact same name. One of them would have to be different. Are you saying that once you picked the bin with 250 it changed the bin of 84 to NEW?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@cetecerp23 -

Correct, the original bin of 84 got changed to new once I picked the bin of 250. The reason I needed to pick both of these is because we picked the 84 first as that is what we had QOH, then received an additional 250. How could I do this in the future and keep them both assigned to the WO? Maybe 4444.1-1-1?

Please let me know, thank you

@tej

All bins need to have unique names. You can add -1 or something else to the end of your bin names when you need to create a new bin that is specified to a work order. That is the best solution for the future. If you are using preallocation you can also assign bins to work orders: How To Use Pre-Allocation

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

That is not exactly what I was saying/looking for, to re-explain:

Suppose a part, PRT-ABC is required a build and 250 are required; we have 50 in stock at this time, so the inventory person would click the blue “All” button which would re-assign the 50 qty bin to that work order (suppose WO 4444, the bin for this part would become 4444-1). Then another 200 are ordered and are received; when clicking “ALL” again, this re-assigns the bin to the 200 qty, but the 50 qty BIN name is changed to “NEW”. How can I receive both and keep them assigned to the work order?

I understand what you are trying to say with pre-allocation feature, but not understanding how I can do it this way. Please explain - thank you!

@tej

This process sounds odd with the bins being renamed. You mentioned in your first comment that you had the “pick parts by bin feature enabled” and the “pick bin feature enabled”. What config settings are those? This would help figure out what the best process is and if there is an issue.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I have the ‘Order - Show Full Bin Pick Button’ enabled because our “bins” are reels of components, I believe this is the config setting that when you click ‘ALL’ for the line pick, it picks the full bin data and renames it to the work order #. This is what we desire and how it should be, but if we receive additional parts we should be able to pick those for the same work order and not have it undo the first pick. I.e. if WO 4444.1, the first pick for a PART-ABC would rename the bin to 4444.1. The second pick when additional parts come in when picking would rename this bin to 4444.1-1 and not change the first pick’s bin name to “ALL”.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

@tej

I did some more testing on this and am not seeing the behavior you reported. In a test environment I turned on that config setting Order - Show Full Bin Pick Button and then clicked all on a pick parts screen on an order to pick the whole bin. I then received more parts and picked all of those to the order as well. Both bins were assigned to the order they just had a -1 or -2 at the end to keep the bins from having the same name. I am not seeing the behavior where it removes the first pick and changes that bin name. Please let us know if that happens again as that is not intended functionality.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support