PQuote

When doing PQuotes in Cetec and using the “non inventory” feature for the line items, it messes up the “part desc” when it gets converted to a PO. I mentioned this at Cetec Convention a few months ago, they said it was a bug and was going to get fixed on the next update. Well, it still has not been fixed.

@rcheremeh,

Do you have an PO example I can look at? If you have a url or PO number I’ll be glad to take a look. I set up a test case on my end, but was not able to replicate messing up the part desc.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP

https://jsthpec.cetecerp.com/pquote/578/view

I entered Part description and when I selected the Non-Inventory. The Part description I entered disappeared

Hi @rcheremeh,

I reviewed the url and can see that there isn’t a part description, but wasn’t able to find out what it may have been when viewing the usage logs.

I also attempted replicating in another environment running 4.071, but was unable to cause the part description to disappear. The steps I took- open a new pquote and create a new part from the pquote line then add a part description under the part record. Then I went back to the pquote line and checked the non-inventory box and hit okay. Lastly I committed the order to a PO, however the part description was present both before and after committing.

If this is still occurring for you can you provide the exact steps so I can reproduce and provide to the Cetec engineering team?

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support

I will upload a video on google drive for you.

@rcheremeh,

Thanks! That was helpful and I was able to reproduce. I escalated a ticket internally so we can work to fix this.

Regards,
Cetec ERP Support

Thank you

@rcheremeh ,

I received some information from our engineering team. For non-inventory parts, the part record is not actually created until the pquote is committed. Since this is the case, when the non-inventory part is added to the line there isn’t an actual description saved (as the part record hasn’t been created yet).

The easy work around here would be to create the non-inventory part under Parts > List > Part List rather than the PQuote, then just type in the part name on a PQuote for the data to populate.

Apologies for the confusion here. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP

But what is causing the description to disappear when you click it?

@rcheremeh ,

The description field pulls from the part record. Since the part record is not created for non-inventory parts when entered on a PQuote it does not have a value to pull. For inventory parts that are created, the part number and description are written to the database, then whatever was written for the description (on inventory parts) is pulled from that database.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP

I would suggest that the non-inventory check box only appear at the PO level and not at the Pquote.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.