Prcpart Serial Sequence in Work Order

Hello,

One of our devices has sequential serials numbers, where each device has its own 5 digit serial number. For example, the first device built would be ‘00001’ and the second would be ‘00002’.

When I issue serial numbers under the work order, it doesn’t look like I can set the starting serial number. Is there a way for Cetec to take into account the last serial number that was issued for this part number and set the starting serial number accordingly? Or is there a way for me to enter the starting serial number and Cetec fill in the remaining serials?

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you send me a part which you would like to see this on? That will give me some more clarity as I chase the issue!

Cetec ERP Support

Hello,

I am looking at FD_0070001-02 to start. But I have the same issue on FD_0470001-01 and a few others.

If there is a way to set the starting serial number, similar to the sequence, that would be great! Thanks!

Elizabeth,

I am chasing a solution and will update you!

Cetec ERP Support

Quick follow-up,

Can you clarify what you mean by “similar to the sequence”? Are you referring to the last two digits at the end of the part? Or before the hyphen?

Cetec ERP Support

Elizabeth,

I believe I have what you are looking for!

Navigating to Config Settings–>Formats (Serial Numbers, etc.) you will notice a formatting option of SERIAL_NUM_1 Cetec ERP

In parentheses after SERIAL_NUM_1, you can set how many digits you would like for the serial to use. You can set this as the default serial, or, you can do this on specific part records under the Edit tab, and then scrolling down to Production Information.

Once you do this for the first time, Cetec will automatically create a new config setting called output_num_1, which seems to already be in your environment, and from here you can set the number for which the serials will start next:

I hope this is helpful!

Cetec ERP Support

Hello,

Thank you for the detail!

By setting the sequence, I meant I would like to tell Cetec which serial number to start on.

I tried the ‘serial_num_1(6)’ and it is incrementing by one digit and has a total of six digits. However, it starts with ‘2’ and I want it to start with 0. Our lot codes start with ‘2’, but it doesn’t look like that would impact this serial sequence. Do you have any tips?

Additionally, will the config setting be created once I close the work order?