Production Only - Docs Access

Can Production Only users access the docs tab?

Our shop employees (Production Only) should have access to the docs tab as they can print out QMS documents to log accordingly whenever needed. Is this possible to allow for Production Only users? They do not need any edit or anything, just the ability to access (and then print).

@tej

I wanted to clarify, are you specifically asking if Production Only users can access this tab:

• Cetec ERP Support
1 Like

Correct, @cetecerp19, this contains all of our QMS documents and controls that we would want to have accessible to our Production Only users. Understand that this is in the Admin navigation tab, so if this is not possible, how can we get the Docs tab accessible to all (view only)?

Thanks.

Hey @tej

Unfortunately, “Production Only” is not very customizable. You cannot access Docs with a “Production Only” permission. You can try searching Admin>Users>Security By Role and then entering “Can See Document List,” but notice that if you enter “ProductionOnly” into the “value” and update, it won’t change access for those users.

However, if you change the user to “Production,” it gives them access to Docs. The only implication of doing this is that it would be $40 p/month per user as opposed to the $20 p/month for “Production Only.”

• Cetec ERP Support

Understood. My only ask for this would be to allow Doc viewing access so all of our shop employees (that are production only) can easily view our QMS (quality management) documents that are required for compliance. This would eliminate the back and forth between our shop employees and management to view (and then print) these documents.

Please let me know if this can be made possible, they would only need view access.

@tej

I’ll check with our developers and see if this is a feature that could be added! I’ll respond once I get a response.

• Cetec ERP Support