Production Only users

Our production only user who log into a computer can no longer type a order number in and “start work” on that job.

There get an error message stating they dont have access.

They have always been able to do this. What changed and can you correct this?

Hi Joe,

Is this for a single user or for all your users with the Production Only role?

Regards,
Cetec ERP Support

this is every user that has “production only” role has this issue

Thanks Joe,

There shouldn’t have been any changes with the Production Only user role. If a Production Only user puts in an order number into the global search and does not specify the line, it will direct the user to the overview screen which they do not have access to. So for example if they are trying to search and long to for order 100.1 line 1, they would search 100.1-1 to go to the workorder screen. If they leave off the “-1” at the end it will throw an error that they do not have access.

Can you confirm they can populate the workorder screen using this format?

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support

Yes, they are typing everything with the line number as well.

Also they are scanning, (which automatically type the entire order number with line) and getting the same message.

Something changed recently.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the additional information. I’m doing some testing on my side with scanning and will be in touch again as I have information.

Regards,
Cetec ERP

just double checked (and, hopefully to help) -both scan and manual entering of an order number by a regular production user yields “not authorized” -CETEC error when entering an order number. Under a supervisor login this is not a problem

Hi Steve,

Our engineering team advised me they were able to correct this. Can you confirm everything looks good on your end?

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support

I just checked and Production Only users are able to enter an order number and not get that error! Thank you!!

Excuse me–they were able to go to the screen, but when they clicked “start work” they got the “access denied” error

Hi Steve,

I grabbed a backup of your environment and was able to log time successfully when attempting to reproduce with one of your Production Only users.

I checked the view work report in your Cetec instance and found work documented. Can I confirm if you are still having any issues and if so which specific user?

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support

I am having similar issue when production user enters the part number

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.