Production Plan

Hi,

We wanted to use “Inspections” tab while working on our work orders however, for some reasons our production plan users does not have access to this feature, could you please explain why?

Hi Vaibhav,

The users you’re referencing, do they have the ‘Production Only’ role?

Best

Yes, production only role.

Hi Vaibahv,

The production only role is a very limited role which attempts to model a pure shop floor user. We restrict the role in order to lower cost ($20/user/month for production only vs $40 for other user roles).

That said, you can give that user more roles (Production instead of production only, and Quality) so they can log inspections. However, their cost would bump up to $40/month instead of their current $20.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I understand “Inspection” tab is for a quality control executive however, as your website clearly mentions that Cetec ERP is for small and mid-sized manufacturing companies, do you really expect every small and mid-size company to have enough resources to have a specific QC executive literally checking all the parts?
Moreover, in order to add just one tab (i.e. inspection) I have to pay extra $20 per user and that would be ~$5000 per year if I consider doing it for 20 employees. Do you think it’s really worth it for just an extra “Inspection” tab?

Thanks!

@vaibhav - Thanks for your comment here, we definitely understand what you’re saying, hopefully we can help clarify our approach here.

Your comment: “in order to add just one tab (i.e. inspection) I have to pay extra $20 per user and that would be ~$5000 per year if I consider doing it for 20 employees. Do you think it’s really worth it for just an extra “Inspection” tab?” - that’s understandable, and actually you could make the same case for a number of our other roles. E.g. for a warehouse receiving person, assigning that Warehouse role would only give the receiving person one additional tab (“receiving”) and that’s all they would really do in the system, and it would be the full $40/user/month charge for that user, not the reduced rate.

Our belief is that, even after you give your various team members in each department their respective roles in Cetec (e.g. Sales, Purchasing, Warehouse, Production, Quality, Accounting, etc.) - if you calculate your total net yearly spend on the Cetec ERP service as a whole, Cetec would still remain dramatically inexpensive, in a league of its own for affordability, compared to existing full-suite ERP systems in the market today.

So, we believe you’re correct, if you look at individual users/departments like Quality, the ROI may not be there for you to get those users online on the system. But, if you take the sum of all departments being on a single integrated system, we believe the value proposition for the net total cost of the ERP service is overwhelming.

Hope this makes sense, apologies if this doesn’t represent great news for your quality team members!

Best Regards