Reconciling

We are having trouble processing our open reconciles. The beginning balance on all of them has changed to $1.00. Anytime we change it back to the actual beginning balance and submit it, it puts it back to $1.00.

1 Like

Are there any commas, or special characters in the amounts you’re entering?
For example, if you enter “1,000” then the comma may be causing a break and interpreting as “1”.
This is something our engineering team has been working to improve, but the best thing to do for now would be to make sure the dollar amount is entered without special characters. I.E. “1000.00” instead of “$1,000.00”
Thanks!

No special characters. We entered all of them like we always do. One of them we even had completely reconciled we just hadn’t closed it.

1 Like

Thanks for that information @kali. We’ll review this and see if we can find a solution for you. We’ll update you about it as soon as we can.

Having a similar issue. It applied to every reconciliation, even the closed ones from years ago.

Every cash account reconciliation is showing a starting balance of $0.00 and every credit card reconciliation is showing a starting balance of $1.00. I have not reopened any of these reconciliations, only pulled them up to check what is shown for the beginning balance.

1 Like

Since you mentioned it, I went back and looked at all open and closed ones and that is exactly what ours is doing as well.

1 Like

Following up with you here: Our engineers are working on a fix for the issue. We’ll keep you updated as a solution is implemented and pushed out to you.

One important thing to note is that this is only affecting the displayed value after the page loads. So for the previously closed reconciles, the stored value in the database hasn’t changed and will be correct once we fix the display issue. For the current/open reconciles, as long as the correct beginning balance is entered at the time you click update then the correct value will get stored. Just be careful about clicking update again after that because if the correct value isn’t re-entered then it will update to whatever value is displayed there at the time.

The fix for this has been completed, and will be pushed out to you in the next week or so.
In the meantime, please make sure that anytime you’re going to click update or open/close a reconcile that it has the correct beginning balance entered, despite the fact that it may appear to be incorrect when the page initially loads or reloads after updating.

Any idea when the reconcile’s will be corrected?

Hi @kali,

Not sure if you’ve gone back in to look at any of your reconciles, but this should be fixed for you.
The most immediate way to verify would be to load a previously closed reconcile and make sure that the beginning balance is correct/not zero. For any of the open reconciles that were updated with zero in that field, you’ll just need to enter the correct beginning balance and update.

Yes, I’ve looked through them all. The beginning and ending balances are correct now, but the difference on a bunch of them is still incorrect. I tried unchecking everything I had reconciled and rechecking it but that did not fix the problem.

Thank you for that information @kali, we’re going to review this further, and we’ll get back to you with more information as soon as we can.

Just wanted to give you an update here, our engineers found an issue with the way the cleared balance is being calculated for credit/liability accounts. They’re working on a fix for that right now, and it should get pushed out to you in the next week or two.

Any idea when this is going to get pushed through? Our accountants have been waiting on this to start the taxes.

It should be there now. Have you checked any of the previously affected reconciles to see if the displayed values appear correct now?

If you feel there is still an issue, please provide a specific example that we can review in detail.

Thank you.

I have checked every day for the last month. Here are some closed reconciles for example that use to be correct. They should all have a difference balance of $0. They do not.

https://wadsworthdesign.cetecerp.com/bankreconcile/list?statement_from=2022-08-04&statement_to=&status=0&gl_account_id_filter=82&reloaded=1

The last I heard was this “our engineers found an issue with the way the cleared balance is being calculated for credit/liability accounts. They’re working on a fix for that right now, and it should get pushed out to you in the next week or two”

Thank you for sending the link.
I reviewed the details of each of the three reconciles listed, and in each case the math on the reconcile itself works out.

If you click in to the reconcile, the calculations should be Cleared Balance = Beginning Balance +/- [Charges - Payments], and Difference = Ending Balance - Cleared Balance

I did notice that the displayed values on the list might be a little confusing. You’ll notice that on the list, the amounts listed under the “Payment Total” and “Deposit Total” columns are the inverse amounts of the “Charges” and “Payments” respectively shown on the reconcile edit page. The reason for that is that on the reconcile edit page, we change some of the text, and invert the symbols when the account being reconciled is a credit/liability account. However, it appears we don’t do that same symbol inversion on the reconcile list, which I think might make the overview there more clear.

I will be bringing this to the attention of our engineering team, and have them work on making the way we display those values based on account type more consistent. In the meantime though, I think you should have no problem using the reconcile edit screen to generate the necessary information to provide to your accountants.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about it!

I sent you closed reconciles to show you an easy, straightforward example. I have open reconciles from last year that I still need to finish and close out but I can’t see how far off they actually are. And while your explanation might make complete sense to you, it is extremely confusing for me. All of the numbers were correct until a month ago and now they are not. I have waited a month and I need it fixed. I have said multiple times in that month that it was not fixed and you guys keep telling me that it should be fixed and asking me if I checked beforehand. Please do what you need to get the numbers back to what they were. I think a month was sufficient time to fix the problem.

Would it be possible to have you give us one specific reconcile to look at it, and you can tell us what you’re seeing on that reconcile that seems incorrect to you? That might be the most direct way to address your concerns here.

Thanks!

I believe this reconcile should be less than $100 off but it is saying the difference is $-33,461.12

https://wadsworthdesign.cetecerp.com/bankreconcile/209/edit