Request - Ability for user to "request" ad-hoc Maintenance for a Tool

We’re interested in a way to flag a tool for maintenance. This would then show up in the “tools needing maintenance” report (…/assetmgmt/tool/needing_maint) , but arriving there from this ad hoc method of requesting a tool need service. Maybe you can re-use the “Part Request” functionality for “Tool Maintenance request”??

I can see a use case where a tool/machine is damaged or needs repair. The operator would submit a “tool maintenance request” which would include his name, description of maintenance needed and maybe an Estimate repair date or priority number (1-3). Then it would show up on the “Tools needing Maintenance” report and can be documented/managed through the tool “Perform Maintenance” form (/assetmgmt/tool/477/maint_form) when the repair is complete…

@regisphilbin

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I’ll send it over to our engineers and see what they say!

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support.

Hello @regisphilbin,

There would be a way for you do add a maintenance flag outside the normal hoc scheduled maintenance on your own.

To do this you would have to:

1. Create a Maintenance Type for ‘Ad Hoc Maintenance’ or ‘Immediate Repair’ (or really whatever you would like to call it.)

2. Then on the Tool, create a Maintenance with that Maint Type and set the date range to either Day or Week (when does it need to be complete).

3. After performing the maintenance, Drop that scheduled maintenance. That should get it onto the Tools Needing Maint List and then keep it from showing up after the ad hoc maintenance is needed.

If you have any other questions about this process, let me know!

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Suppot