Sales Order KPI Widget on front page

I’m trying to wrap my head around how “this month” value is calculated. I don’t see anyway how this could be based on the current “open orders” for this month (Nov 2021)… I’m using the following report to document open orders (with intercompany = NO) (…/order/list?). It seems like it’s capturing “production work orders?”

@regisphilbin Not sure either. Let us investigate, and we’ll get back to you once we’ve got more information.

Hi, Regis,

We spoke with engineering and it looks like there may have been issue with this widget that they now have resolved. But let us know if you are still running into issues with it.

Thanks and enjoy your day,
Cetec ERP Support

Great to hear. It doesn’t seem like it’s been updated on my instance…can you confirm?

Thanks!

We are checking, Regis. May need to get back to you tomorrow as we’re running into a 404 error all of a sudden when we try to access your homepage.

While we’re waiting, can you tell roughly what number you’re hoping to see in the open sales orders section? If you feel more comfortable sending a private chat message with that info, we can follow up there. Or happy to respond on this thread.

Thanks!
Cetec ERP Support

for the rest of Nov, we’ve completed all our shipments so resale (open sales orders) should be “0” for “this month”…

Hi, Regis,

I checked again and am seeing 0 for this month (blue). Are you seeing something different from this?

Cetec ERP Support

so it looks like there has been a change…now this month “display” is accurate but the “remaining” isn’t accounted for in the “resale” graph.

Regis,

Sorry there is still an issue on this widget. I’ve sent this to engineering again and will get a response to you once this is resolved. Thanks as usual for your handy visuals.

Enjoy your day,
Cetec ERP Support

following up on this topic, the graph for “resale” seems correct now, but the dollar amount below the graph seems to be the incorrect sum of the Resale and GP values…

Regis,

I apologize that the previous follow-up did not happen. That’s on me! I am seeing the same thing on my end. I’m sending this over to engineering and will get back to you with an update when I hear back from them.

Cetec ERP Support

Regis,

Are you still having issues with this widget? Our engineering team is saying it’s been corrected, but I wanted to be sure.

Cetec ERP Support

the Widget is accurately depicting the resale and GP values now. Thanks!

Glad to hear it!

I’m seeing a similar issue on our “This Month” report. The “Next month”, “Third Month”, and “Remaining” all look correct to what i would expect based on our sales backlog, but “This Month” is wildly off (3x to 4x what i would expect) and i can’t sort out for the life of me where it is pulling data from.

Greg

Greg,

it sounds like CETEC had to “correct” something on my instance when i had this issue. I didn’t get an explanation that provided insight into the reason, but hopefully they should be able to correct your issue…

Greg,

Just checking in on this. Is the home page widget where you’re seeing this issue the “Invoice Values” widget? I know Regis had been having troubles with the Open Sales Orders widget, but I didn’t see that one displayed on your home page.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

We don’t push that widget out to our staff but do use the charts from
Admin - Dashboards
(cetecerp.xxxxxxx.xxxxx/dashboard/executive) in our management meetings.

For the “Open Sales Order” chart, there is a large $ in “current month” that appears to be carryover from long-ago. Our open sales orders do not sync up with it at all.

Greg,

Thanks for the detail on that. I know that for that Open Sales Orders widget, the value for “This Month” includes everything previous to now that is still open. Could that explain why that number is higher than expected?

Cetec ERP Support

nope. It is showing about 4x what is open from Sales/orders/Order List (All-Open)