Sales Tax Issue

Hi,

We’re facing an issue while vouchering the invoices. The sales tax value is not working in sync with the PO. Moreover, even after changing the sales tax value it changes again automatically back to original figure which is not correct. This is happening with every voucher since couple of days. Please fix this asap.
See the below screenshots for clarification.

Hi Cetec Team,
Any update on this?

We’re looking in to it, and we’ll update you when we know more.

If this is something time sensitive, that requires immediate support, please reach out to sales@cetecerp.com and we can set you up with an expedited support case that would be billed at our normal hourly rate ($250/hr).

This is definitely needs to be fixed asap as we have plenty of invoices to voucher however, I don’t think there should be added charges to fix this issue as this is a basic function of Cetec ERP which is not working.

Understood, what I meant was that we would be able to expedite our support of the issue ahead the way we do with Standard and Enterprise customers (as noted on our pricing page)

We have looked at this voucher using a backup of your data, and aren’t able to reproduce the issue. When we click the tax value to open up the tax details, it does show the tax amount you entered, but then all we had to do was click submit and it updated the tax on the voucher.

Can you walk us through the exact steps that were used to create the voucher and add the tax line, so that we can try to reproduce and test further?

Thanks for looking into this.
I also actually did click the submit after entering the tax amount and it did changed to desired amount of ~$80 however, click submit one more time and you’ll see the same old amount again. Check that voucher now and you’ll see the same old amount of ~$1000 there.

Thank you for the additional details, that type of information is very useful in isolating and troubleshooting issues like this.

Our engineering team was able to find the root of the problem, and are working on getting a fix pushed out soon. Most likely by the end of the week, but if you’re still having problems with it On Monday let us know.

Thanks alot for looking into this.
Since we’re talking about voucher, I’d like to bring one more issue to your attention. While uploading files in “Documents” section of any Voucher, if you’d include “&” in the file name and try to upload the file. After upload, the file name removes “&” for some reasons.

For instance, if you’d name a file “Cetec&Company” and upload it, the file name after uploading will look like “CetecCompany”.
It’s not a big deal and we’re working around it however, we do upload files as per our vendors name and it would be nice if this will be fixed.

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll investigate that, and update you if we find anything out about it.

Cetec

Looks like this is by design. We remove all non-ascii characters, as we as these: * / \ : ? " > < | & %

In the situation, you best bet is to change the ampersand to the work “and” after you’ve selected the file, but before clicking upload.

Cetec

Okay, thanks for looking into this for me.

We are having a similar issue. After I hit submit on a voucher it automatically adds a tax line. Before we could choose whether or not it’s added in and now I don’t know if it’s going to be added in until after the voucher is approved. It also won’t let me change the amount of the taxes.

@kali That could be related, though the symptoms do sound slightly different.
Can you walk us through your typical PO → Voucher process so we can try to recreate/test this for you?

Hi,
Same issue even now.

Hi Cetec Team,
We’re still facing the same sales tax issue, are you still working on it?

Looks like our engineering team found some other issues that were causing a deeper problem here, and ended up holding off on pushing out the fix so that it will go out with Version 3.11 in the next month or so.

In the meantime, you might be able to try this in a beta/testing environment by going to [company domain].cetecerpbeta.com

Please keep in mind:

1. This is a beta environment. Everything should work as expected, but there’s always a chance that a bug of some sort may pop up that we hadn’t discovered in testing and validation yet.
  2. This beta environment works off of the same database as your normal production environment, so any changes or transactions that take place here are “live”, and will be reflected in production.

When you have a chance test in beta, which should be running 3.11 already. Keep us posted on the results.

If someone adds taxes to the PO, when you open the voucher it has an option to bring those over but sometimes the amount is wrong so I always just enter a tax line manually. Now no matter what AFTER I approve the voucher it brings in a tax line from the PO. So I then have to go back and delete the line I added. If I need to change the amount of the taxes it added in I’m having what I think is the same problem as Vaibhav. It changes the tax amount in the 2nd window where you can make adjustments but then when you save the voucher it goes back to the old amount.

I think the tax amount being incorrect is probably the same, and will be fixed in 3.11. The Tax line adding automatically does seem unusual, and we’ll have to investigate that further. We’ll update you once we have more information about it.

Looks like this will also be fixed with the 3.11 release. After you’ve gotten the update, do some testing, and let us know if you’re still having problems.

we are having the same issue here. anyway to work around before the v3.11 release?