Scrap Adder

Hi,
We currently use the Scrap Adder feature on Jobs when adding material required that does not match the total job qty.
i.e. Job for 10 assemblies but I only need 2 of a certain part that will cater for the complete qty of 10.
We set the Qty per to 0 and put 2 in the Scrap Adder field.
If the part is in stock - not a problem and I can go ahead and Pick 2 as per the requirement.
However if the part is not in stock it does not push through to MRP and show as a requirement to purchase? Why would this be?

This is an example…Line 18 on the BOM.
…/otd/order/4788/tempbom

Thanks
Jason

Jason
Scrap should be factored in to your MRP / Allocation need. Note that the MRP / Allocation numbers do not update immediately - you’ll be able to see the state of that data by looking at the Order Material Report (linked from the sidebar of the Workorder under Maint/Etc as ‘Order Material’), e.g.
…/workorder/4788/view?ordernum=3438.1&linenum=1&mode=notshort

(Note: If you want to find when the Allocation process was last run, you can see that on the MRP screen)

Hope that helps!

Cetec ERP

Good Morning

Scrap Adder doesn’t seem to work anymore at all.
When modifying a BOM to add a part - Scrap adder always defaults back to 0.

I can only add to to the QTY field.
Is this feature no longer used?

Jason

Jason
That field should be working! Is there a use case you can send over where you aren’t seeing that?

Cetec ERP

https://drallimindustriesltd.cetecerp.com/otd/order/10975/tempbom

Line 3 on the BoM I wish to add 2 off only as a scrap adder.
Job is for 10, I do not need 20…just 2.

Field just defaults back to zero.

Thanks
Jason

Jason
Thanks for that use case - we were able to have Engineering take a look and it looks like that field wasn’t updating correctly. They were able to fix that and you should be good to proceed now!

Thanks,
Cetec ERP