Serial/Lot Number on Invoice

Hello,
I am trying to add a column on the Invoice PDF to list the part Lot/Serial number. I tried adding a new column following the format of the other columns but was unsuccessful. Is there a way to include this information?

Additionally, the font currently displays very small. Is there a way to make this larger?

Thanks!
Liz

Hi @elizabetha

On the Invoice PDF screen you should be able to show serials for the parts you’re shipping:
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 8.41.55 AM

There are a couple of different ways you could handle the lot codes. You could add a QuoteLine bonus column and enter it manually. If that doesn’t work for you, then the next option would be to customize the Invoice PDF custom doc in order to have the lot codes show there. If you have someone at the company comfortable with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Template Toolkit then they should be able to make that edit pretty easily. Otherwise you can reach out to our sales team at sales@cetecerp.com and they can get you connected with one of our engineers who should be able to help make those customizations for you.

Hello, thank you for the detailed response. When I click the ‘Top-level serials’ checkbox and ‘Set Columns’, I am still not seeing a serials column listed. Is there something else I need to do?

The serials don’t show up as a column, they get added below the part number in the same areas as the line description and comments.

For instance, for your Invoice number 2213.1, this is how the serials are listed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.06.14 PM

Hello,

I am still not seeing them as a line item. Also to clarify, is the ‘Top Level Serials’ referring to serial numbers or lot codes? We have lot codes but not serial numbers for this invoice, so I am wondering if that is why the row is not showing up.

@elizabetha We don’t show lot codes on invoices by default.

We just logged in to your environement and impersonated you. When we pull up that invoice, [cetec url]/invoice/1880/pdf?download=1 , we’re seeing the serial numbers:
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 12.23.00 PM

Does that not match what you see at that link? Can you send us a screenshot of what you’re seeing on the invoice screen with the top-level serials option selected?

Hello,

Thank you for checking. I am seeing the serials show up. I misunderstood and thought the lot code should show up.

Is there a config setting that allows lot codes on invoices or would a custom document be needed to list those?

We don’t show lot codes on the invoices. Each invoice does include a traceability doc, that does show lot codes, that can be downloaded and emailed to your customers alongside the invoice.

If you wanted the lot codes included on the invoices themselves then yes, that would involve customizing the invoice PDF document template file.

Let us know if you have any other questions about it!

Thanks for clarifying!