Special Characters fail in API

We have our website able to feed orders placed online in to Cetec. It works where a new customer can place an order on our website, the website sends the data in to Cetec to create a new customer, then the quote is created and uploaded in to Cetec.
Our problem is, occasionally customers have special characters in their address. Like a # or a ñ for instance. Whenever there is a special character, the creation of the order fails. I can type these special characters in when I manually create a customer and their address, but for some reason it fails in the API. Any idea if there is something we can do about that? If it is something with Cetec or something we need to code differently in the data transferred to Cetec?

Thank you

Hi @J_Ochs ,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I’m going to escalate this to engineering. I’ll get back to you with a response.

• Cetec ERP Support

Hi @J_Ochs

Engineering could not replicate the issue. They were able to create an order via API with an “ñ.” By chance, could you share a specific example of the issue you were having?

• Cetec ERP Support

I’m not sure what to provide exactly.
Invoice # 29249 would be an example. It failed out and had to be entered manually

@J_Ochs

What special character on that particular invoice gave you issues? I pulled that Invoice up on a test environment and couldn’t pinpoint a special character.

• Cetec ERP Support

The accents over letters in the address.
It may not show in the invoice, but I updated his card info if you look at the customer information. The address contains accents over letters in the street address and city.

@J_Ochs

I tried replicating that specific example and was not able to replicate that issue either. If it happens again, feel free to send a link and a screenshot and I’ll be happy to try and replicate the issue for you!

• Cetec ERP Support