Un-Reconciled Payments Not Showing

Hello,

We are having an issue with un-reconciled payments not showing in the “Un-Reconciled” table at the bottom of an “Account Reconcile.”

Specifically, APPayment 3684 in Bank Account Reconcile 145 does not appear in the Un-Reconciled table in the previous month for Bank Account Reconcile 144

Can you please let me know why this is and if this is a bug?

The reason for this is because once the transaction is reconciled on a subsequent account reconcile, it is no longer considered unreconciled. Using a copy of your data in a testing environment I was able to verify that by removing that payment from reconcile 145, it did show in the list of unreconciled transactions for 144.

The unreconciled transactions shown there are meant as a quick reference for entries that may require investigation, but it is not a static list. Once action is taken that would cause a transaction to not be included in the filtering that happens there, e.g. a date change, account change, getting reconciled elsewhere, or cancelation, they will no longer show there.

Hope that clears this up for you!

Thanks for the clarification!

How would you suggest one to reconcile balance sheet account values (in this case 111000 Cash) with Bank Account Reconciles? For example, the 111000 Cash account value, when run at 2023-12-31, does not align with the Ending Balance in the Bank Account Reconcile dated at 2023-12-31.

@cam.mason There may be a few situations in which those two amounts don’t tie out exactly (a check that was written but not cleared yet for example), but those should be fairly easy to identify and address.

If that’s not the case, the first thing to check would be the unreconciled entries for the account on that date, and see if the amount of the unreconciled entries accounts for the difference in those values. If that’s not the case, from there you’ll have to work backwards in time until you identify the point where the difference started. It could be as easy as a single entry somewhere that caused the amounts to differ, or it could go all the way back to your starting values/trial balance if they weren’t entered correctly.

If you’re still unable to locate the source of that difference and would like further assistance, we do offer a sort of “forensic” accounting consultation where our accounting support team will look through your transactions and work on identifying the issue with you. Those services are billable, if you’d like to enlist that assistance please let us know and we can get that set up for you.

Understood, thanks for the clarification on that. I will take a look at this myself and let you know if further assistance is needed.

Many thanks!