UOM vs Purchase UOM

Hello,
We are doing our first inventory cycle count.
We want to see a report that will list items showing the UOM and the purchase UOM in the same list.
Thank you,
Nancy

Hello,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a report that shows UOM and Purchase UOM in the same report. What is the reason you need the UOM and Purchase UOM in the same report? Maybe we have an alternative way to help out your team.

Best,

Is there a report that shows the purchase UOM by item?
We have differences in stock UOM and Purchase UOM so we can compare the quantity conversions for accuracy on cost.

Hello,

I’m sorry, my first response was somewhat misleading. We don’t have a list that shows the part and purchase UOM.

Is there a report that shows a list of items with the purchase UOM.

Unfortunately, we do not have any list which displays the purchase UOM in any capacity. I can ask my engineering team to add this to one of our parts reports. List by Warehouse seems like the best fit.

I want to help you thorugh this though. When you say you have differences in stock UOM and Purchase UOM, what do you mean by that?

OK so we will purchase an item in LBS but stock it in KG.
OR Purchase in Package and stock each.
Or purchase in feet and stock inches.
Or purchase in Meters and stock in millimeters
we have unit conversions setup for receiving.

Yes, I’m fully with you on that. In what way will seeing the list of parts with UOM and purchase UOM help with your inventory cycle count? How will use this report to help you?

You said you have differences in stock UOM and Purchase UOM, but how do you think that occurs?

Thank you for walking me through this!

Since this was our first count, we wanted to make sure the cost was for the stock UOM and not the Purchase UOM. It would have been easier if we could have a list to compare the two UOM’s.
Thanks,
Nancy