User Role

I created a user role like (Production Manager) and restricted as per our requirement,

But when I assign it to any employee, this role doesn’t work properly as like default role of production or others role.

If I assign in references of other default roles in parent id they work like normal but employee’s name doesn’t show in Po buyer. Please guide what is the best way of creating user role and set them. And what is the possible solution of current issue I am facing.

Rana,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m not sure what you meant when you said, “employee’s name doesn’t show in Po buyer.” Can you give me some more detail on this? Could you include a screenshot and a link?

Here is some helpful information about user roles and permissions:

https://cetecerp.com/support/how-to/user-roles.html

Cetec ERP Support

Hi,
@cetecerp15
When I said employee’s name its means user name. Let me explain with example may be you got my point.
For example;
I create a new user role name “Purchasing In-charge” and I customize it using access control. and I assign some role id in parent id like this…

After set that I assign it our user “User Id:56” and user name is namal when user create purchase order the user name doesn’t show in PO buyer.

kindly guide me how I resolve this.

https://goldstarmedicalinstruments.cetecerp.com/purchaseorder/21978/edit

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

Hi, Rana,

Thank you for that information. It was helpful. I did see that namal was not showing up on the Buyer drop down list in the PO edit screen.

To show up there, that user will need to have the Purchasing role. I tried adding the Purchasing role to this user and then I saw that user’s name show up on the drop down list.

As I was testing, I noticed that you denied the Purchasing In-Charge role the ability to convert a pquote to an order. Is that the way you want it set up?

http://goldstarmedicalinstruments.cetecerp.com/accesscontrol/75/edit

Cetec ERP Support

Hi,
@cetecerp15
I allow this but it was not helpfull.

But still namal name doesn’t show. See.

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

Did you give namal the Purchasing role? That should get him on the list.

Go to Admin > Users > User List, then click Edit next to that user’s profile. Under Roles, hold down the “ctrl” key and click Purchasing. Then click the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.

Try that and then let us know if you have questions,

Cetec ERP Support

But in purchasing in-charge role i assign purchasing role in parent id. But its not work.

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

Rana,

I talked with one of our engineers about this. For the buyer drop-down menu, the user needs to be assigned the role called “Purchasing.”

If you do not want that user to have all of the permissions of the Purchasing role, you can assign them another role called “Purchasing with Limits” or something like that, and deny them access where needed.

Does that make sense?

Cetec ERP Support

Note: Denying access always wins over giving access.

For example, if a user has the Purchasing role that gives them access to a page but they also have another role that denies them access to that page, then they will be denied access to that page.

@cetecerp15 ,
Can you explain what is “parent id” Coloumn in admin>data maintenance>role.

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

It sounds like when you put parent ids with a user role, that user role gets the permissions of the parent roles. It does not always get the same access. And, in this specific case, it will not put the user on the buyer drop down menu.

@cetecerp15,
ok thanks I got your point.

Regards,
Rana Muneeb