Inactive Custom Document

We have created a custom document named “Individual Label for Combo” and now need to make it inactive. Could you please provide instructions on how to inactivate this document?
https://goldstarmedicalinstruments.cetecerp.com/customdocument/96/edit

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

@rana826

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to inactivate the document. Once a document is created it can’t be removed or inactivated. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi cetecerp23,
Thank you for your prompt response and clarification regarding document inactivation. While it’s unfortunate that there isn’t currently a method for inactivating documents in Cetec, I appreciate your acknowledgment of the limitation.

Moving forward, I would like to focus on the second part of my inquiry. Regarding the printing of custom labels (“Individual label”) created within the order line documentation in Cetec, I understand that Zebra and Honeywell printers’ software does not support the direct printing of PDF files.

Could you please provide further guidance on how we might proceed with printing these labels? Specifically, if there are any recommended tools or methods to convert the PDF file into a format compatible with Zebra and Honeywell printers, it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for your ongoing assistance, and I look forward to your guidance on the label printing issue.

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

Hi Rana,

We would defer to Zebra or Honeywell’s guidance on how they recommend printing PDFs with their products, or working around their product limitations. If necessary, you can supply a specific file format besides PDF that you need and I can discuss with my engineering team whether that’s something we could produce and get a quote for you.

Thank you for your assistance. At the moment, we don’t have a specific format or method in mind. We are open to your recommendations or any suitable format that works well with your products. Please advise on the most convenient and efficient approach, and we’ll proceed accordingly.
Regards,
Rana Muneeb

It’s important to understand here that Cetec does not have any direct interaction with your printer. Cetec generates files/pages that are rendered in your browser, and then the browser handles the printing.

We are fairly hardware-agnostic when it comes to what printer you use. As long as your printer/drivers are able to work with Google Chrome to deliver prints in your desired specs, I wouldn’t expect you to experience issues printing anything out of Cetec. Whether or not that is possible will come down to the specific hardware you’re using and how it’s set up.

Again, to summarize, Cetec renders the pages in Chrome, Chrome manages the interfacing with the printer. We would recommend you work with your IT team to find a printer that will fit your specific needs.

We do, in some cases, have a way to generate non-pdf files, but those would all be considered custom docs and any time spent by our engineers getting those set up for you would be billable.

@cetecerp13 @cetecerp23 @Cetecerp27
It appears there might be a misunderstanding or confusion in conveying my point. Our current process involves using Zebra or Honeywell software for customer label printing. However, we are now looking to transition to Cetec for generating customer labels. To achieve this, we have initiated the creation of an “Individual Label” through a custom document. The challenge we are facing is that Zebra and Honeywell software does not support PDF files, whereas our documents in Cetec are in PDF format. Consequently, I am seeking recommendations from Cetec for printing software that supports PDF files or alternative methods, or if there is a specific format we should use for seamless integration.

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

Hi Rana,

If you no longer wish to utilize Zebra or Honeywell, we would recommend you work with your IT team to find a printer that will fit your specific needs. Cetec ERP does not require the use of any special printer type or brand - any software that is capable of printing PDF documents rendered by Chrome will be compatible.

If you decide to keep using Zebra or Honeywell, I would suggest seeking information from them about workarounds they suggest for printing PDFs, and what file types they do support. If you have a specific file type, I could approach my engineering team to discuss the feasibility of generating that file type.

@Cetecerp27
Hi,
I’d like to discuss my team, and I have an additional question regarding this matter. When navigating through Order → Orderline → Documents, we come across a document titled “UDI Label (for non-serialized parts)” at this link: Cetec ERP. I utilize this document for customization in my custom document. However, when downloading this document from the custom document section at Cetec ERP and opening it in “Notepad,” “Sublime Text Editor,” or other tools, it only displays the number “1” throughout the entire document. Why is this happening? It’s possible we might be opening it incorrectly, or there could be another issue. We aim to customize this document, so could you please guide us on the proper steps to achieve this?

Regards,
Rana Muneeb

There are three other Custom Documents with the same issue:

• AR Summary PDF
  • Order Serial List
  • Project Proforma PDF

The whole content in the downloaded file is “1”.

@Cetecerp27
Hi,
I am still waiting for you response.
Regards,
Rana Muneeb

@rana826 @cayma

I am happy to report that our engineering team has discovered the source of the issue and created a fix, which will be released as part of the upcoming 4.13 update! Please let me know if you have any questions.

@Cetecerp27
Hi,
Yes, I have one more question. That how we customise non pdf document in cetec. Because I am created one non pdf document name “Individual Label for Combo” but we write a code and upload document in cetec. And when we open page. Then server error occurred. Kindly guide us.

Regards,

Rana Muneeb

Hi Rana,

My understanding is that you have a non-PDF document called “Individual Label for Combo” that you have created and are trying to upload. What file format is the document “Individual Label for Combo”? Where are you trying to upload this file?

@Cetecerp27
It’s format is template toolkit. And I trying to create a label.
Regards
Rana Muneeb

Hi Rana,

You would go to the page for the document which you are trying to customize and upload your new template in .tt format. You are correct, .tt is the correct format for the template you need to upload. Can you please provide the text of the error that you encountered? The URL of the page where you are encountering the error would also be helpful.

@Cetecerp27
Hi,
Yes. Cetec ERP this is the URL of the page.
Regards
Rana Muneeb

Hi Rana,

You are receiving this error because there is a syntax error in your .tt file. Your IT team needs to review and correct that error. If they would like assistance from our engineering team, that time would be billable.