Recurring Email Alerts

Is it possible to send recurring email reminders to users? For example, we are wanting to automate machine maintenance reminders so that Cetec will send an email reminder every X months to the employee who is supposed to perform maintenance on the specific machine. From what I’ve seen I am only able to set a one time reminder. Can you please advise if that is the case?

@jordan.peter

Unfortunately in Cetec there isn’t a way to set reoccurring reminders. But if you set the reminder to be a calendar invite you can set the calendar invite to be reoccurring.

Let us know if you have more questions!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

It’s also worth noting here, it sounds like you’re specifically talking about tool maintenance.
We do have a way to automate those reminders based on the maintenance schedule you set for a tool.
You can see more about how to set up the scheduling here: How To Track Tools, Equipment Maintenance Schedules, and more

Let us know if you have any other questions about it!

Hi,

I have just set up all of our tools with maintenance schedules. How do I set up the automated reminders? I have several users that have the “tools” role, but I’m not seeing anything else to set it up. Also, nothing in the video referenced that talks about setting the reminders.

Thank you!

As long as the tool has a maintenance user assigned, and a maintenance schedule, you’re done.

There is a config setting you can adjust to control how far ahead of the scheduled maintenance that user will start getting emails, “tool_notify_of_maint_days_ahead”. I believe by default it is set to 10 (I might be wrong about that), but you can adjust as you see fit.

Thanks. I did adjust that config setting. Any way to have more than one maintenance user assigned? We were hoping to have multiple people notified.

Currently there is no way to assign more than one user as being responsible for tool maintenance, nor to alert more than one when maintenance is due.

We are in the midst of making some significant updates to the tools module, and will pass along those suggestions to our product team for consideration.

Thanks!

1 Like

@jellsworth Wanted to follow up with you about this. Your suggestion has been added for consideration as part of the rewrite of the tools module.
In the meantime, our engineering team let us know that this is something that we could feasibly add sooner, if desired.
They sent a $3hr project bid ($945 total), to accomplish this. The way that would look would be to add an email CC field to the tool edit where the maintenance user gets assigned, then any email addresses included there would also receive emails when that tool’s maintenance comes due.
If you do want to move forward with that development, let us know!

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with tools

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.