schedule issues 2-26-24

We have utilized all our knowledge gain over the numerous schedule posts… We have set base capacities, capacity calanders, and adjusted work times…

In the following screenshot our Test Mill (set for 3 parallel segments, 840 mins/14 hrs) is scheduling more the designated 3 segments and 14 hours of capacity, but then schedules another 14 hours split up over 2 lines.

Can you help me understand what is happening? We have experimented and are stuck.

Here is another picture, set up for 3 paralell segments and 840 min (14 hrs) of capacity. The 3 14 hours segments are there but then we get that last 3 hour segment added on for some reason. Most of the days are fine but then a day will pop up like this with extra time.

Any thoughts regarding this? I believe its a bug.

We’re completely stuck as to how to get the schedule to function properly.

here is another example, The gantt chart per location is a disastor. How can we clean this up or prevent this? I believe there is a bug happening but the shedule is so complex that it could very well be some obscure setting.

@Eduff

I apologize for the delay on this. I have replicated the issue you were talking about in comment 1. That looks to be incorrect and I am escalating this issue to engineering. I will get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@Eduff

Engineering got back to me and there was an issue here that they have fixed. That fix should go out to you in the next 10 days. A note here about capacity for locations. In Parallel mode 1 order can only be scheduled at 1 time. But it can be scheduled in different streams for more than capacity time per day, if one of the streams is early, and the other late.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I don’t follow. Could you provide an example?

@Eduff

I apologize as I don’t believe I was clear here. Basically the reason this issue had happened was the capacity for that location was less than the work_end_hour and work_start_hour config settings. This caused the system to believe it still had 7 hours left in that location because the total capacity per day is 21 hours according to your config settings. It was then scheduling an extra 7 hours regardless of the amount of parallel segments. This shouldn’t have been happening so the fix going out will make it so it honors the capacity of the work location and the amount of parallel segments.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Thanks. Is there a way that I can know the update has occured?

@Eduff

When the update has occurred you won’t be able to schedule 4 segments on that work location. You can also check with us to see if the update has arrived but please do so after the allotted 10 days if you are still seeing an issue.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

We won’t be able to schedule 4 segments even if we have the location set up for 4 parallel segments?

@Eduff

I apologize I meant specifically for that work location that you have 3 parallel segments set up for. You won’t be able to schedule that 4th segment that you initially reported as part of the bug. That’s when you will know the update has occurred as that won’t happen anymore.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

thank you!

Its been 14 days and the schedule does not seem to be fixed.

In the following picture we see (TEST MILL capacity 7 hr @ 4 PS) 463.1-1 filled up the entire work day (21 hours) but not the entire capacity (28 hours). Then the remaining capacity is filled up by 463.1-2. This isn’t how the help documents describe schedule mode parallel, which is to allow us to work on 4 orders at once, each for the designated capacity.

Additionally, there are bugs/glitches that happen when one line ends and another begins. below is an image where 463.1-3 ends and 464.1-1/2/3 begin. Here we see 463.1-4 (21 hrs), 463.1-3 (3 hrs), and 464.1-1/2/3 (4 hrs each for 12 hrs) that totals 21 + 3 + 12 = 36 hours when the location is set for capacity 420min and 4 parallel segments.

@cetecerp23 : I’d like to understand if all fixes are updated to all clients, even if they have an on-prem hosted instance. That would be great if that is the case…

Thanks.

@Eduff

I am going to escalate this internally and get back to you.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Any updates?

@Eduff

This is currently still being looked at right now. I will give you an update as soon as I have one.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Any updates? we’re pushing two months on this topic not to mention its been about a year that i’ve been trying to get this schedule to work.