Work Flow Task Assignment

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how does this work flow assignment on top right corner of an order actually works. If you could please provide detailed steps how to assign task to each employee at every stage then that would be really helpful.

Hello @vaibhav,

We’ve got a few pages on our support site that are useful in understanding and managing workflows:

https://cetecerp.com/support/documentation/workflow.html

https://cetecerp.com/support/how-to/workflow-customization.html

https://cetecerp.com/blog/How-to-Make-Custom-Workflows.html

Take a look at those resources, and let us know if you have any other questions about it!

Thanks, I’ve actually seen those resources however, I still can’t do a few things including “Approve” this particular order. Is there any particular reason why I’m unable to do so? Do we have to change any settings?

Could you please confirm where I could find this “Docs Pending Approval” page?

Hi,

Could you please look into this as why I cannot “Approve” any orders. Rest everything seems to be working alright.

Hi @vaibhav, we are looking in to that, and will update you as soon as we know what’s going on there.

As far as your documents question, you can find the Docs Pending Approval page under Admin > Docs > Docs Pending Approval

We’ll keep you posted on the order workflow stage issue.

Thanks!

@vaibhav
Wanted to update you and let you know that our engineering team was able to figure out what was happening here, and a fix should get pushed out to your environment in the next week or so.

If you continue having problems not being able to approve orders after that, let us know!

Awesome, let me know once the fix has been done.
Thanks!

I think i '[m seeing something similar in our instance (3.9.2). Workflow state fields are not populated properly and we can’t move out the current state (“pending approval”.

@regisphilbin Not sure that’s the same issue. Looking at your Ordhead Workflow assignments ([your cetec url]/workflow/Ordhead/edit) there don’t appear to be any users or roles selected to be able to be assigned those workflow stages.

Selecting the appropriate set of users/roles there should make it so your orders can be moved through the workflow stages normally.

That worked. I’m not sure how the workflow for ordhead was reset as I thought we had this set up in the past…

Thanks again.

No problem, glad it’s working for you now. Let us know if you have any other issues with it in the future.

Now I’m noticing that i can’t seem to “approve” the Order. It’s currently in “Pending Approval” status but when I attempt to approve, it doesn’t change to workflow status…Is it tied to something else?

That is unusual. We’ll look in to it and update you once we have some more information.

See below, this is the same issue for which Cetec’s team has told me this last week.

“Wanted to update you and let you know that our engineering team was able to figure out what was happening here, and a fix should get pushed out to your environment in the next week or so”.

@regisphilbin
@vaibhav is correct, it does seem to be a similar issue. We are working on getting the fix for it pushed out to you as well.

Vaibhav, can you confirm that this is working properly for you at this point?

No, it’s not working yet. I still can’t move from “Pending Approval” stage.

@vaibhav @regisphilbin
Just checked in with our engineering team. We can’t provide an exact timeline of when the fix will be deployed unfortunately. Our hope is that it will go out today, but there’s a chance it may not be until the end of the week.
Thanks for bearing with us while we get this taken care of for you.

@vaibhav @regisphilbin Just checking in here to verify the issue of not being able to approve orders has been resolved and is working properly for you now.

Thanks!